Don't let anyone tell you
Don't let anyone tell you that internet dating sites don't work. I've been on match and jdate for a little over a month now. I've met some nice men who seem sincere in their desire for a partner. Most weren't a good match for me but I could see that they would be a good match for someone. There are good men out there!
However, I hope I have gone on my last first date. Don't want to jinx this but I'm pretty optimistic about the man I've been going out with (and staying in with) and what I've found is that starting things out without the normal coy stuff, with a willingness to share who you are, with a willingness to ask questions and really listen to the answers, you can move past a lot of the bullshit of normal dating. Or potentially scare him silly so time will tell on which it is.
Not only that but over the months of separation but regular contact by phone and IM, my ex-bf of the previous post fame and I have gotten to be quite good friends. He met his current on jdate as well and they both seem to be pretty happy about it.
Life is good.
However, I hope I have gone on my last first date. Don't want to jinx this but I'm pretty optimistic about the man I've been going out with (and staying in with) and what I've found is that starting things out without the normal coy stuff, with a willingness to share who you are, with a willingness to ask questions and really listen to the answers, you can move past a lot of the bullshit of normal dating. Or potentially scare him silly so time will tell on which it is.
Not only that but over the months of separation but regular contact by phone and IM, my ex-bf of the previous post fame and I have gotten to be quite good friends. He met his current on jdate as well and they both seem to be pretty happy about it.
Life is good.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home